The availability of medical spas, dermatologists, face therapists, estheticians, doctors, and a plethora of other face and skin-related specialists are sometimes overwhelming in Dallas today.
At our fingertips, we have access to the top doctors and dermatologists in their fields of study, all promising to promote skin health and clear complexion longevity. Precisions Dermatology in Frisco, Carrollton, and Dallas provides dermatology care to residents of Dallas through several different specialists in dermatology.
When searching for a dermatologist, it can be helpful to be specific with your search and seek those out who specializes in what you are looking for. Cosmetic dermatology, pediatric dermatology, and surgical dermatology can all be practiced and specialized by the dermatologist who is right for you.
What to Look for in a Dermatologist
- Know the types – A general dermatologist will treat rashes, acne, and rosacea, skin exams for questionable moles are typically done by a general dermatologist, along with concerns about thinning hair or eczema. A cosmetic dermatologist will assist in deep scars, wrinkles, injections, lasers, and peels.
- Check their bios – All doctors on My Derm Consults have their bio listed on the website, in checking, look for board certification from the American Academy of Dermatology.
- Go for a consult – Most doctors charge for a consultation, but often that fee is put toward the cost of a procedure. It is a good sign if you have to wait several weeks for a consultation; the doctor is in demand and their services are sought after.
- Listen up – When you meet for the first time, let your dermatologist know your concerns and listen to how they plan on addressing the issues. This will give you a sense of their opinions, aesthetic philosophy, and an idea of how aggressive their treatment plans typically are.
- Ask the right questions – You want a dermatologist that is consistent in their practice and treatment methods. They should own and not rent their laser machine to showcase the amount of use it receives. Ask if the doctor is always hands-on, that is a huge plus and what you want!
Finding a dermatologist in Dallas is made easy when you know the things to look for and know what specialty you are looking for. The difference in cosmetic and general dermatology will allow you to hone in on the practices and treatments you should seek for your complexion and skincare issues.