Happy New Year!
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all of our staff, providers, friends, family, and patients!
As we reflect back on 2015, there has been a lot of changes in healthcare and our office has added a lot of enhancements for our patients. Let’s review some of the most impactful:
✓ Electronic Check-in: In January 2015, we installed and integrated iPad kiosk check-in systems for our patients, which we have now extended to all 3 locations. The kiosks provide the following major benefits to our patients:
- Allows for multiple patients to be checking in at the same time, limited only by the number of kiosks, so that our patients have to wait less time in line.
- Allows our patients to verify their demographic information for accuracy and update their contact information, thus reducing errors.
- Allows patients the option to update their insurance information and scan any new cards.
- Allows the staff to collect medical information upfront and confidentially to make your visit more productive.
- Allows you to setup your preferred pharmacy location so that your perscriptions can be sent in efficiently at the end of your visit.
- Allows you the option to pay any outstanding balances by swiping your credit card.
✓ Patient Portal Upgrade: The patient portal is the patient’s way to securely interact with our practice anywhere in the world there is internet access. Some of the most impactful features are listed below:
- Allows the practice to send results to patients that can be accessed 24 hours a day. Work long hours? Don’t have time to call us during the day? You can access these results anytime.
- Allows the practice to release blood work results directly to the patient. You can then print them out or keep them for your records or for your other physicians.
- Allows the patient to send questions to our staff 24/7. Don’t have time to call us during the day? Use this option and we can then answer your questions with a secure message back to you during business hours, which can then be accessed 24/7 in case you don’t have time during the day to read our response.
- Need a refill? You can send a refill request to us 24/7.
- Want to view your statement online? Not only can you review every statement online (current and previous), you can now pay your statement via credit card securely and directly through the portal instead of sending it to us via snail mail.
✓ Healow App: Want to access most of the patient portal features above plus more from your smart phone? You can download the new Healow app from the app store and connect it directly to your patient portal. Go to our patient portal webpage for the access code needed go activate your previously downloaded Healow App (which you can get from the Apple App store or Android's App store). You can then access many of these features secured by your 4 digit access code that you setup.
And for 2016? We have lots of new enhancements planned that are designed to enhance our patients' dermatologic care. Our first enhancement is online scheduling, which we have been piloting in 2015 and will be expanding dramatically in 2016. Wouldn’t you rather be able to go online, see if your provider has an available appointment and book it directly online? Our staff will then confirm your appointment during business hours. Patients will also be able to see last minute slots that open up from last minute movement in our schedule and patients can book these as well. Our online scheduling will allow patients to schedule appointments at any time of day or night to see us during business hours.
This is an exciting time in medicine and this is an exciting time in our practice. Come join us by scheduling your own appointment with one of our providers.